Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Cold Day Crafting?

I had such big plans today to get a couple of things accomplished (craft wise).  Well, I think this cold weather has zapped my energy.  Even though I only went outside once this morning for about 2 minutes.  LOL  I think it seeps into the house and makes you lazy, or rather has made me lazy.

I made my first cup of coffee about 6:45 this morning.  I like to make a quick cup with my Keurig, then head back to bed and watch a little early morning TV until around 8 ish.  I also picked up a knitting project that I started yesterday.  More of that one later.

A couple of days ago I started my quilt challenge for January, our online monthly quilt challenge.  This month's was the Bear Paw block, as mentioned in a earlier post.  It also happens to be one of my all time favorite blocks, along with the School House Block, and of course the ever versatile Log Cabin Block.  I completed quilting the top last night, and  I really had good intentions of attaching the binding today.  This is where I start procrastinating.  I can do the binding with no trouble, it is just the thinking about it I guess that slows me down. LOL  I guess I still have time to at least pick through my fabric stash today and maybe get it cut. We'll see.

Now onto my knitting project.  I still haven't given up on knitting a "real" pair of socks.  (Bronwen....the instructions you sent me look doable, I just wanted to try my hand at something fairly easy now and have something to work on at night when I watch TV.)  I came across this magazine, Threads, Hand Knit Socks, and the Introduction pulled me in:  "The wonderful madness that is sock knitting"!!  I am working on a tube sock, I think that is a doable thing, all done on a small circular needle, until the toe part.  I thought I would give this a try and bypass the heal for now.  Not sure, at the moment, what size it will turn out to be, even though I did a gauge...but I figure it will either fit one of my granddaughters (a few sizes there) or one of my daughters, or maybe even me.  The suspense will keep me going.

My monkeys, they don't want to hear about it, or see it, and definitely not talk about it!!!


I probably have another 7 inches or so until the dreaded toe.  I even thought maybe I would put this on another needle when I get that far, and just go ahead and make another top and just have the toes to finish on both socks.  LOL  It depends on what mood my mind is on when I get that far. I figure if I can get these done, and wearable, I might be encouraged to try "a regular sock" with a heal.  

The thing I like about this project is that it is small and very portable.  I like hand quilting my quilts, but at the moment I don't have any that I can work on.  

So, if your having an Arctic blast of winter in your area, are you doing any crafting, house cleaning, or being lazy like me?

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment