Monday, March 10, 2014

SAMPLER DILEMMA...PART II

Last month my friend and I were contemplating what quilt sampler we wanted to do.  So, a week ago we headed to the book store to actually view the two sampler quilt books we might like.  Both quilt books are by Jennifer Chiaverini; Sylvia's Bridal Sampler and the Loyal Union Sampler.

Of course, the only one they had in stock was the Loyal Union Sampler.  But, viewing the block squares, my friend and I agreed that we liked the blocks that were offered in this quilt book.  So, now we are awaiting the arrival of our books via the mail.

So my blog readers, have you or someone you know sewn from the Loyal Union Sampler?  I am thinking that once I get organized and start working on charts and fabric choices, I am going to share my trip through Loyal Union Sampler Land by blogging about my experience.  I hope it proves to be a fun journey and one I can accomplish in not a so distant future.   Give or take a year, or two, or three......................................

 Currently, I am working on the last border to my swap quilt of last fall through SQTG.  I hope to have it quilted by tonight, and maybe early tomorrow I will be able to do the binding.  I like to give my hand quilted quilts a little gentle wash and a little run through the dryer.  I like the old time, crinkled look.

Until we meet again,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment