Wednesday, March 12, 2014

HAPPY DANCE!!!


It is a blistery day here in Northern Ohio, but I am doing a happy dance!!!  My signature swap block quilt is finally done.  I belong to an online small quilt group (Kathleen Tracy's Small Talk Quilt Group) and we had a Snowball block swap last summer.  Our blocks were mailed in early fall to our hostess, and I am thinking we received our bundles early in November.

This is a special quilt, and I wanted it to tell it's own story.  So, I titled it and put a descriptive label on the reverse side.  I attached them alphabetically.  That was the easy part, because I didn't worry that same colors might "touch"..........













Well that's one swap block quilt done!  Our group also did an Ohio Star swap block last summer.  I just had to participate in both of them. I am thinking maybe over 110 blocks I made for these two swaps?  Anyway, the Ohio Star is going to wait a few more months before I get involved in putting that together. LOL

Now, my next project will be our March's challenge of half square triangles.  This unfortunately is a challenge for me...I seem to have a hard time making my squares turn into the same size half triangles.  LOL  But, yesterday I bought different size marking rulers to maybe help me with this problem.  I'll let you know.....

As always, thank you for visiting, please stop back.

Sharon

P.S.:  Well, trying to enlarge the quilt pictures didn't work.  This is where the quilt is going to live for the time being.  I'll have to have my son play with getting me a better picture.  Ho Hum!!


 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment