Sunday, September 8, 2013

On My To Do List For September!

First, I need to get this quilt backed and quilted.......... I made this last fall in a class that I took with my friend, Char, and my daughter, Sarah.  I didn't have time to get it completely done last year,  but I hung it anyway for fall:)  Well, guess what, it is fall again, and I just remembered that I don't have it done yet.  I have taken the first step though, and I purchased the batting yesterday!!  I have to wash the batting, as it is 100% cotton, and I don't want to take the chance of it shrinking............and then disaster.





I am so far behind in my monthly small group challenges......but, I have two small quilts that I want to make. After a road trip last week, I was able to purchase some fabric for these two quilts.


This one was July's small quilt challenge developed by Marian Edwards of our group.  It is to have poison green and chrome yellow fabrics in it.  Can't wait to use my poison green fabrics in this!!




Our September challenge is a Little Red Schoolhouse, pattern by Kathleen Tracy, found in her book, Prairie Children & Their Quilts.  Or in  the book 101 Fabulous Small Quilts.  The schoolhouse pattern has long been a favorite of mine, I just have never gotten around to making one.  I bought some really great red fabrics (I think anyway) for the houses.  Also, a stack of light colored shirting's I can use in this quilt.  I just need to get some blue fabric, and I am all set to get started.



Don't worry, I will be back with my "peaches" story:)  Soon!!

Sharon

3 comments:

  1. OHHH I love those green fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe I would make it for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green gets left out of many quilts or is usually the understated of all the colors. Therefore I keep my eyes open for those quilts that include green. I like all the greens you have lined up.

    ReplyDelete