Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sneak Peak !!

This is a sneak peak at the fabric I am going to use in my Valor Quilt for the VA Center.  I think there are a few fabrics I have to go back and buy more of, because I can see some small Civil War quilts being done in these!

I tried to get some good pictures outside, color is truer..... but I think it was just to bright out.  The first fabric is more golden/tan than what it shows.



So, I rearranged them in the shade, but that last fabric still doesn't show up well.  When it is in the quilt itself, I hope it will take a better picture. LOL



The first fabric is by Kathy Schmitz, Full Circle, for Moda.
The second fabric is 1862 Battle Hymn by Barbara Brackman for Moda.  
Third fabric is a Moda, Pattern #9314, but the designer is cut off.  I will have to investigate this one.
Fourth fabric, my favorite, I could put this in a lot of quilts!  Also 1862 Battle Hymn by B. Brackman/Moda
This fifth fabric shows bluer than it really is, it is on the grayish blue side, it is also1862 Battle Hymn.
Last fabric, not really showing it's true color, is a Debbie Mumm from her Classic Collection.

I thought I would have gotten my pieces cut out today, but no, too many errands to run, sometimes life just gets in the way of sewing!!!

Hope to show more of my progress in the days to come.

Sharon



No comments:

Post a Comment