Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Latest Projects!

I finished my baby quilt last week, two days before the shower!


If you click on picture, click on original size, then click out of the box,
it comes in really well!



Old project:  I picked up The City Stitcher house block that I have been working on in bits and pieces for the last few months, and actually finished the applique on my "landscaping".  I had been waiting to attach the "clock" on the building, looking at maybe pinning a watch face on it ..........but I wasn't having any luck in finding anything that I liked or the right size.  So, I finally said "the heck with it", and I created a clock through embroidery.  I figured out how to turn the fabric inside out after embroidering, and then just stitched it to the building.  I am very pleased with how it turned out.




I put the batting and backing on last night (I am quilting the blocks as I go) and did the quilting lines for hand quilting.  So, I hope to have this hand quilting part done in the next couple of nights.  Then, this one gets attached to the blocks on either side of it, then to the main quilt, and then............border time and I am done!!!


New project:  I really got to get going on our SQ challenge for April.  I chose the pattern I wanted to do, but I just couldn't find anything in my stash that was in blue tones..  So, off to the quilt shop with my 12 year old granddaughter, Hannah.  She was fun to have along, and actually found a couple of fabrics that I liked for the quilt.

I think Kathy Tracey's new blue blog gave me the "umpf" to want to start on this small quilt using blue.  I don't think I have done anything in blue since I made my grandsons's their Americana Cowboy quilts of about 6 or 7 years ago.  




These are the two main things I want to accomplish for April.  Since we are in the middle of April right now, I had better get my creativity in gear.

Until next time.....................

Sharon L.  

1 comment:

  1. You did a good job on that clock! It looks like a patch! I'm hoping that when I get the baby quilt done that I'm working on I can take a break from quilting for a while. Then I saw in Primitive Quilts magazine two things I'd like to make. One is a pennies quilt which is a lot like your coins quilt except the designer added little "tongues" on the ends. That's a small quilt so I'm think it would take that long to put together. The other one will have to wait a while because it's a larger quilt (40 x 40) that is appliqued. :)

    ReplyDelete