Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Looking for Spring?

We recently experienced near 60 degree weather last weekend.  Which, of course gets us all thinking that maybe spring is near.  I live in Ohio, near Lake Erie, so we know that isn't really true.  We can hope, but we are back to low 30 degree weather during the day, with snow showers.

So, anyway, it got me thinking about the warm days of spring and summer of 2012.  I thought I would just throw in a few warmer weather pictures from our flower gardens of last year.  I would have included more, but, as you know from my last few posts, I am having trouble getting my pictures to appear where they need to on my blog.  I am amazed I did this much on my own:)

Oh, I think this picture is of the 2011 spring.  We now have a stone path and weeping cherry tree where the bushes are.  

This will be our 3rd summer in our current home.  When we moved in, there wasn't a flower to be had, anywhere.  Oh, I take that back, I think there was one lonely daffodil lurking out back.  This is the side yard that was nothing but grass and a large pine tree living in this corner.


The first summer we put in the sidewalk.  It was just a grass lawn leading to the back of the house.  The next summer we put in the barn (peaking from the side of the house) and the 40 or so rose bushes.  These are Knock Out Roses, they continuously bloom and make a great hedge.  The purple blooms on my butterfly bushes are huge.  Oh the wonderful fragrance from these flowers as you walk down the sidewalk, heavenly!!


Early 2012 Spring
This patio was bordered by some kind of not so pretty pine trees.  We replaced them with lots, and lots of
perennials.  My husband can't resist buying flowers, and a lot were bought at season's end for really, really good prices.  Also, we transplanted a lot from my daughters house.


Iris are my husbands all time favorites.  I have included just a couple pictures of them.  Cause, I could only transfer a few of them, you know, due to my inability to get them off of my camera!!!!



Can't you just imagine how this one smells?  It is a deep blue.


This is in the top of a bird bath.  My Fairy Garden.  I have another really good picture, but I can't find it!!!



Oh, and this one smells sooooooo good too! 



This white one smells a lot like licorice. It is an ever blooming iris.  Bloomed in the spring, summer, and then again in late fall when everything else was dying off.  Oh, if there was a way to keep these blooms for more than a couple of days.

I hope you enjoyed a little bit of spring, I know I sure did.  

I hope to be back on track with my sewing projects in the next couple of days.  I was a little sidetracked this last week, as I was "under the weather", not feeling well.  But, I am getting back to my old self.  Which I don't know if that is good or bad!!!  You'll just have to stop back and see.

Thanks for stopping by this time, 

Sharon:)




No comments:

Post a Comment