Wednesday, August 14, 2013

GETTING BACK ON TRACK!

It's been a busy last few weeks.  My visitors from Texas headed home last Sunday.  The house sure is empty without them.  I keep waiting for my 3 grandchildren to show up in the kitchen asking for something to eat for breakfast.  Their Gramma and Grampa would fix or find whatever they wanted:)

So, yesterday I finally returned to my craft room.  As mentioned in my earlier posts, I have been working on completing my 2 signature block swaps that need to be sent out by  the middle of September.  I have completed making both blocks, but now I am in the process of signing them.  Such a simple task!  Not for these arthritic hands I am finding out.  I have 120 blocks to sign........... Hopefully they will be in the mail soon.

SNOWBALL SIGNATURE BLOCKS


FLYING GEESE SIGNATURE BLOCKS

I must have been sleep and coffee deprived when I signed up for "both" blocks.  hahaha



SOME HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PAST FEW WEEKS!

My 10 year old granddaughter has been wanting to learn how to sew something.  So, in less than 1 hour she mastered a simple embroidery pattern.  Doesn't her embroidery match her "happy" face?  She caught on so quickly!
   

She wanted another project!  Her mother's friend is expecting a baby soon and thought it would be fun for Gennevieve to make something for her........... "Gramma" searched the internet and came up with this pattern.
Genne picked the colors and  insisted that the elephant should have a "turquoises" tail. She also free handed the flowers on the pillow.  I think she did an outstanding job!!!  I put the border and backing on, and she stuffed it.  Now, I just have to keep supplying her with projects!!!

She did complete a secret project for her parents the day before she left...........but I can't share that with you until she gives it to them.  I just have to do "my" part on it, then mail it to her:)


Are you wondering what the heck is on her face?  Well, their dad's mother took them to a dinosaur exhibit, and they all got their faces painted.  They are adorable!!!!!

GENNEVIEVE 

IZABELA

ANDREW


My little helper in the garden!  She was so funny, she just couldn't get over how much "stuff" there was to pick. 


She found "Mr. Tomato" head...... I can't bring myself to cut him up:)

Last weekend my friend and I attended an outdoor quilt show at Bonnie Brae farms.  It is an Elk Farm, where they raise and sell elk meat.  Once a year they hold this quilt show at their farm, they hang quilts on the outside of their barns, in their barns, and various other places around the farm.  Over 700 quilts this year.  I contributed 2 of mine.  First time ever that I have ever displayed my quilts in a show.  

I will post some of my pictures from the quilt show as soon as I get them on my computer.......... check back.  It really is something to see all those quilts.

Until we meet again, 

Sharon 

No comments:

Post a Comment