Monday, April 14, 2014

Must Have Sewing Gadget!!

At a recent Guild Meeting, we had a lecturer, Cindy Casciato, showing us her quick and easy ruler she had designed for flying geese, half square triangles, corner square triangles, and many more blocks using this tool. It is The Magic Triangle Method Ruler.  You also can purchase templates that have all the calculations for everything you can use the ruler for.

I am not going to show a picture of it, because I don't know the rules and regulations of showing someone's product without their permission!  But, I would highly recommend that you find her on the internet and check it out for yourself.  That would be:  www.cindycasciato.com.

The flying geese is the one that caught my eye.  In the fall I had been in a flying geese signature block swap.
Much to my dismay.....I had a heck of a time making all my flying geese (at least 250+) coming out perfect. I tried many many ways to make them.  I even did the Quilt in a Day version.  It was better, but they still had problems. LOL

This last week, I have been working on getting this flying geese signature block swap quilt put together.  I have it on my design wall, I just need to tweak it  a little more.




Also, in the last couple of weeks, I put together our SQTG April Quilt Challenge quilt.  I have the top completed..........currently hand quilting it.  It has prairie points sewn into it, something I had never done before.  But, they turned out pretty good.........It was a quick and fun quilt to put together.........  I'll be posting it once I get it all quilted.

Until then...........hope all is good in your "world".



No comments:

Post a Comment