Monday, November 18, 2013

"My Chocolate Chip Bars"

Confession, I am not a good chocolate chip cookie maker!  I either bake them to long, not long enough ending in a product that is to flat or to hard.  So my solution is now just to make the bar recipe on the back of the Hershey's semi-sweet bag.  Always comes out pretty perfect.  Quick & easy, that's my kind of baking.

Maybe you have already found these bar recipes, but there may be some out there that never check this part on the bag; like me for many years. The many people I have given these to never tried the bars, and they have given me a "thumbs up" on the bars:)

I follow the recipe pretty much as it is listed. ......... BUTTER, (for me) the 2 sticks of butter is to much, but it does make a really rich bar.  So, if you make these for the first time, you may want to try the 2 sticks, and work at cutting it down when you make more batches.  I now use 1 1/2 sticks......still pretty darn good.
****My mom just informed me, that she likes it better with the 2 sticks of butter!  

I add 1 cup semi-sweet chips, 1 cup white chips, 1 cup coconut, and 1 cup nuts. Not much of an eye opening moment..........but try it, I am thinking you'll like it!


Not much preparation


Looking good!



It is very thick, so helpful hint.....spray spatula with cooking spray to spread  10" x 15" pan.


18-20 minutes at 375 degrees


I am a lover of biscotti, if you cut off the ends around the pan, it becomes a biscotti like cookie.  Some of my friends that I have given this cookie to, do not know this, because I always take that part for me, and just give them the bar.  I never said I was a perfect friend:)



I hope you give this recipe a try if you haven't already done so.  Let me know if you find it pretty darn good to.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe. To any one reading this - these are to die for! They're moist and very tasty! I'm going to have to try to make them over the next couple of days! :)

    Char

    ReplyDelete